Monday, May 25, 2009

Free Technology for Teachers: 8 Ways to Build Websites (Not Blogs) for Free
I'd like to make the OneNote notebooks I use to present in class available online. Our campus is moving away from a traditional website to one that is easier for them to control, but much less customizable, so I'm hoping to find a free way to do this. This blog post could direct me in that way, hopefully.

Update:

  • Yola: no bandwidth limits, files up to 15 MB supported, must use their software to create site.
  • SnapPages: 1GB storage, seems as though you must use their software again.
  • Hipero: could work for me. Have to create an account to find out if it will let me upload the right kind of files.
Overall, from what I have seen in this article and my own searching, most free websites are geared toward users who don't want to work with code and just want to easily create a site. Bummer.

0 comments: